Ancol Dreamland (Taman Impian Jaya Ancol) is the largest integrated tourism park in South-East Asia. It is located in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. The park has a lot of interesting venues that are not just fun for kids, but adults as well. Besides venues, it also has complete supporting facilities such as hotels, restaurants, beaches, and even port. The park was built in 1966 with a combined concept of entertainment, art, and education. This recreational park is definitely perfect for family vacation, romantic date, and even group gathering.
How to Get There
Ancol Dreamland is situated on Ancol district, North Jakarta. Due to the high popularity of the park, the access has been made easy with several choices of public transportation and wide roads. If you bring your own vehicle, you can get through one of these routes:
- From Cawang, to Jalan D.I. Panjaitan – Kebon Nanas Toll Road – Dalam Kota Toll Road – take Ancol Exit – enter Jalan R.E. Martadinata – enter the gate of Ancol Dreamland
- From Gambir Station or Monas, to Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur – Jalan Perwira – jalan Geraja – Jalan Pos – Jalan Gunung Sahari Raya – enter the gate of Ancol Dreamland
Using public transportation is also easy and comfortable. There are many options of those from almost every place in Jakarta. Here are some of them:
- Trans Jakarta public bus. Get on to any Trans Jakarta bus stop and inform the ticketing staff that you want to go to Ancol Dreamland. He will issue your ticket for only $0.2 and tell you which bus to take and get off on the Ancol Dreamland bus stop.
- KRL Commuter Line. Take this train with the route of Depok – Jatinegara or Bogor – Jatinegara for $0.5. Get off at the Kampung Bandan Station. Continue with Mikrolet M05A and get off at the gate of Ancol Dreamland.
- Mikrolet 15 or 15A public car with the route of Kota – Tanjung Prior or vice versa. Get off on Hailai Ancol and walk about 500 meters to the gate of Ancol Dreamland.
- PPD 05 public bus with the route of Tanjung Priok – Bekasi. Get off at the gate of Ancol Dreamland.
- Metro Mini 408 public car with the route of Sunter – Ancol. Get off at the gate of Ancol Dreamland.
- Mayasari Bakti 154 public bus with the route of Tangerang – Jakarta Kota. Get off at the gate of Ancol Dreamland.
Enter the area of Ancol Dreamland will cost you $2 per person. That does not include the entrance fee for entering the venues. For more information, please contact +62 21 29 222 222 or hotline SMS to +62 812 8799 2222.
How to Get Around
Since the area is so wide, it is not accessible on foot. But do not worry much; there are a lot of choices of transportation for getting around the area of Taman Impian Jaya Ancol, such as:
- Private Vehicles
You are allowed to bring your own vehicle inside the area of Ancol Dreamland. This is the easiest choice for you to easily travel from one venue to another anytime you want. Entrance ticket for motorcycle is only $1.25 and for car is $2.
- Wara-Wiri Bus
Wara-Wiri Bus is shuttle bus that goes around the entire Ancol Dreamland. There are 22 stops for this bus throughout the park. It is free of charge so it becomes favorites amongst visitors. Sometimes the bus might be very crowded.
- Rented Bike
A healthier and more relaxing option of transportation is bike. Nearby the entrance of Ancol Dreamland, you will find a post of bike rental. The price are ranging from $3.5 to $15 depends on what kind of bike you want to rent. Biking around this recreational park is very comfortable with special pathways, gardens and trees around, and clean air.
- Golf Car
If you come to this park with family or in a small group of four, golf car can be your exclusive choice of transportation for going around the park. Golf car can occupy four people and you can go anywhere you want with it as long as it is still inside the area of Taman Impian Jaya Ancol. The rental fee is $11.25.
Entertainment Venues for Kids/Family
The most popular venues on every recreational park are of course, the entertainment venues where everybody can go and play around. In Ancol Dreamland, there are about five big venues which are purely intended for entertainment and educational purpose. These venues are suitable for people of any ages, including children. Thus, these are the best objects for family vacation. Some of them are:
Dunia Fantasi Amusement Park
Dunia Fantasi (a.k.a. Dufan) is an amusement park with plenty of modern technology rides including Tornado, Hysteria, Kora-Kora Ship, etc. Dufan also has several indoor rides for a themed adventure such as Ice Age Adventure and Around the Globe Adventure.
The tickets are available in three packages such as:
- Regular ticket is $13.5 during weekdays and $19 during weekends.
- Fast Track (additional ticket to gain fast track at 6 from 12 favorite rides) ticket is $9.
- Premium (including access to Premium Lounge and Fast Track at 12 favorite rides) ticket is $28 during weekdays and $34 during weekends.
- Annual Pass (ticket for the whole year) is $26.25.
Ocean Ecopark is another recreational theme park within the area of Taman Impian Jaya Ancol. At this venue, there are outbound areas for children and adults, learning farm, eco-market, and themed learning houses. Other activities you can do are canoeing, paintball war, eco-cruise, and bicycle riding.
Sea World Oceanarium
Sea World is the biggest ocenarium in South-East Asia. On this venue, you will see a giant aquarium tunnel with many sea animals on it. There is also a Touch Pool where you can touch several harmless animals like turtles. It is also possible to see the staff feeding the wild animals like sharks. Entrance ticket to this venue is only $6 during weekdays and $6.75 during weekends.
Atlantis Water Adventure
Atlantis is a water themed park in Ancol with eight different pools and several water attractions. The pools are including kiddie pool, toddler pool, wavy pool, water outbound pool, etc. The most popular attractions are crazy slides, sea waves, current river, and more. Ticket to enter this waterpark is bundled with ticket to enter Ocean Dream Samudra. To gain access for both venues, you only need to pay $7.5 per person during weekdays and $11.25 during weekends.
Ocean Dream Samudra (Gelanggang Samudra)
The venue of Ocean Dream Samudra is located right across the Atlantis Water Adventure that we have just talked about. The entrance ticket for both venues is bundled. Ocean Dream Samudra (a.k.a. Gelangang Samudra) is a venue where you can see entertaining animal shows such as dolphins and sea lions. There are also several animal related rides, 4D Theater, and Bird Park.
Please continue reading to our next article about Ancol Dreamland. We will discuss about more interesting attractions as well as choices of accommodations and culinary in Jakarta.