Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII) is a recreational park which is based on the Indonesian culture. The name of the park literally means “Miniature Park of the Beautiful Indonesia”. This park represents the entire cultures exist in thorough Indonesia. Located in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah gives you the chance to explore Indonesia in one go.
Located in Jalan Raya Pondok Gede, East Jakarta, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah is pretty easy to reach. Here are some choices of transportation:
Using Private Car or Taxi:
- Drive through Jagorawi Toll Road and take a TMII Exit at the end of the road. Get into the TMII area through the Pintu 1 (Gate 1).
- Using private car, you can also take the JORR Toll from Pondok Indah and take the Kampung Rambutan Exit. Get into the TMII area through Pintu 1 or Pintu 3.
Using Public Transportation:
- DAMRI Bus with the route from Soekarno Hatta International Airport to Kampung Rambutan. Take off on the TMII.
- Trans Jakarta Bus from anywhere. Tell the ticketing staff if you wish to go to TMII. He/she will tell you which route to take.
- Metro Mini T. 45 (Pulogadung – Pintu 2 TMII)
- KWK S. 15 A (Ragunan – Pintu 2 TMII)
- KWK T. 01 (Cililitan – Bambu Apus)
- KWK K. 40 (Bekasi – Kampung Rambutan)
- KWK S. 19 (Depok – Pinang Ranti)
Taman Mini Indonesia Indah opens daily from 08.00 in the morning. You are allowed to bring in your own vehicle to drive you around the park. The prices for the entrance tickets are as follows:
- Individual : $0.8
- Car : $0.8
- Bus : $2.25
- Truck : $2.25
- Motorcycle : $0.5
- Bike : $0.1
- +62 21 87795616
- +62 21 8409163
- +62 21 87792078
- +62 21 8414567
- +62 21 8409461
Taman Mini Indonesia Indah is just one hour away from the central city. So you could comfortably stay at any hotels you like in Jakarta. Within the area of TMII itself, there are also several choices of accommodation such as:
- Desa Wisata Hotel (Tourism Village Hotel)
The hotel offers a complete accommodation with the ambience of a peaceful village. The hotel has cottage, rooms, meeting room, convention hall, restaurant, garden, and other facilities. This accommodation is best for families, business groups, or tourists.
- Graha Wisata Remaja Youth Hostel
This youth hostel is perfect for youngster and backpackers who wish to stay the night at TMII within the low budget. The hostel is pretty close to other facilities such as small restaurants, cable car station, pool, and several museums. Shuttle Bus is available to take you anywhere in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah.
The area of Taman Mini Indonesia Indah is very wide. It is about 250 acres. This way, it is impossible to explore the area on foot. Not to worry, there are many options of transportation that could get you around the recreational park without getting exhaustion. Here they are:
- You can get inside the area of TMII by driving your own private vehicle such as car, motorcycle, or bike. The entrance fee for private transportation may apply as mentioned before. This choice is the most comfortable option you get because you can go anywhere anytime you want.
- Aeromovel Indonesia or Titihan Samirono is a wind-powered monorail train that will take you around the area on specific height. It is available only on Saturday and Sunday. The ticket is $1.5.
- Sky Lift the cable car would take you up to the height and around. It is perfect mode to see the entire area of Taman Mini Indonesia Indah. Ticket is only $2.25 per person during weekdays and $3 on weekends. The cable car does not operate on Monday.
- Shuttle Bus or Mobil Keliling is also available to take you from one venue to other. It costs you only $0.4 per person.
- Mini Train can also take you around the park with $0.8 per person.
- Chartered Car is also available if you do not bring your own vehicle but still want to be free to go anywhere anytime without waiting the public transportation. The prices are:
- Chartered Standard Car per hour : $7.5
- Chartered Standard Car per day : $26
- Chartered VVIP Car per hour : $11
- Chartered VVIP Car per day : $37.5
- Chartered Micro Bus per hour : $15
- Chartered Micro Bus per day : $75
Miniature of Indonesia
The main idea of Taman Mini Indonesia Indah is to provide a complete miniature set of Indonesia to represent the cultures of each region. This venue is the main attraction of TMII. To make it easier to explore, the miniatures are divided into seven venues based on the 7 largest islands on Indonesia. The seven venues are Sumatra, Java, Borneo (Kalimantan), Sulawesi, Nusa Tenggara Archipelago, Maluku, and Papua.
Each venue shows many forms of culture for the region. The buildings on each venue were built using the vernacular architecture from its own region. Inside it, you will see many collections displaying the traditional clothes for every purpose; wedding, daily wear, dance costumes, etc. Traditional tools and descriptions are also provided to show the way of life on the specific region. Each venue also has an auditorium or amphitheater for traditional art performances.
To acquire an unforgettable memory, make sure to visit the souvenir shop on each venue to buy handicrafts, tee shirts, or any kind of goods as souvenir. Also, do not forget to visit the mini cafeteria on each venue to taste the local culinary from each region.
Indonesia is a religious country. There are various religions that are embraced by Indonesian people. But everybody respects each other’s faith and lives in harmony, peace, and tolerance. To show this value, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah also has a venue that showcases seven religious buildings of seven religions exist in Indonesia. These buildings are also actively used for religious activity such as praying etc. There are seven religious buildings on Taman Mini Indonesia Indah which represents the seven religious exist on the country. Those are:
- Pangeran Diponegoro Mosque (The religious building for Islam)
- Santa Catharina Catholic church
- Haleluya Protestant Christian church
- Penataran Agung Kertabhumi Balinese Hindu Temple
- Arya Dwipa Arama Buddhist Temple
- Sasana Adirasa Pangeran Samber Nyawa (The religious building for local mystical/spiritualism faith)
- Kong Miao Confucian (Kong Hu Cu) temple
To Be Continued
There are still many other venues in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah. It is much better to find out what venues are available there prior visiting the recreational park. Please check out our next article about Taman Mini Indonesia where we provide more information about the venues and other interesting things to know.